By Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki
A spouse to Foucault includes a set of essays from tested and rising students that characterize the main large therapy of French thinker Michel Foucault’s works at the moment available.
- Comprises a finished number of authors and issues, with either verified and rising students represented
- Includes chapters that survey Foucault’s significant works and others that procedure his paintings from a variety of thematic angles
- Engages broadly with Foucault's lately released lecture classes from the Collège de France
- Contains the 1st translation of the wide ‘Chronology’ of Foucault’s existence and works written by way of Foucault’s life-partner Daniel Defert
- Includes a bibliography of Foucault’s shorter works in English, cross-referenced to the normal French variation Dits et Ecrits
Read or Download A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best philosophy criticism books
Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951) has exerted a extra robust impact on modern philosophy than the other twentieth-century philosopher. yet what's the nature of this effect and why has it proved so enduring? In Wittgenstein's Lasting importance, twelve modern philosophers discover the problems surrounding Wittgenstein's significance and relevance to trendy proposal.
Aesthetics and Modernity brings jointly Agnes Heller's latest essays round the subject matters of aesthetic genres reminiscent of portray, track, literature and comedy, aesthetic reception, and embodiment. The essays draw on Heller's deep appreciation of aesthetics in all its varieties from the classical to the Renaissance and the modern classes.
Be aware of Thyself: An Essay in Social Personalism proposes that social Personalism can top offer for self-knowledge. within the West, self-knowledge has been sought in the framework of 2 dominant highbrow traditions, order and the rising self. at the one hand, historic and medieval philosophers residing in an orderly hierarchical society, ruled via honor and disgrace, and strengthened through the metaphysics of being and rationalism, believed folks achieve self-knowledge via uniting with the floor in their being; as soon as united they'd comprehend what they're, what they're to be, and what they're to do.
Que nous reste-t-il de l. a. communauté? De ce qui a été pensé, voulu, désiré sous le mot de communauté? Il semble qu'il ne nous en reste rien. Ses mythes sont suspendus, ses philosophies sont épuisées, ses politiques sont jugées. On pourrait dire aussi: l. a. communauté, c'était le mythe, c'était los angeles philosophie, c'était los angeles politique - et tout cela, qui est une seule et même selected, est fini.
- Karl Popper: Critical Appraisals
- The Time of Our Lives: A Critical History of Temporality (MIT Press)
- The Philosopher as Witness: Fackenheim and Responses to the Holocaust (SUNY series in Contemporary Jewish Thought)
- Wittgenstein and Levinas: Ethical and Religious Thought (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Philosophy)
- Critical Thinking (Philosophy & Religion)
- Form and Object (Speculative Realism EUP)
Extra info for A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Foucault (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Christopher Falzon,Timothy O'Leary,Jana Sawicki